Funding for 3 year olds
Government funding for education is available the term, following the date that the child turns 3 years old. The Pre-School offers two 3-hour sessions every day. These sessions are open to all 18 months – 5 year old children.
At the moment 15 hours a week can be government funded, with an optional 30 hours if you meet the criteria. Please talk to a member of staff or visit: www.gov.uk/free-early-education
Funding for 2 year olds*
You may be eligible for a funded place for your child if you receive one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment Support Allowance
- Support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- The Guaranteed element of the State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit, Child tax Credit or both and have a gross household annual income of £16,190 or less
- Working Tax Credit 4 week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
*Subject to Government changes
You can phone the Suffolk Families Information Service on 0345 60 800 33 for further information
Our fees are currently £3.90 per hour for preschool. Children staying for lunch may bring a packed lunch or there is a charge of £2.30 for a cooked school meal.
Before School Club is from 8.00 am to 9.00 am and charged at £5.00/session.
After School Club is from:
- 3.15 pm to 4.15 pm charged at £5.00 per session
- 3.15 pm to 5.15 pm charged at £7 per session
- 3.15 pm to 6.00 pm (including a light tea) charged at £10.00 per session
Fees are payable monthly in advance. Fees continue to be payable if a child is absent without notice or for a short time. In cases of prolonged absence or other difficulties that may arise, parents/carers should consult the treasurer about fee payment. Each child’s attendance at the group is conditional upon continued payment of any necessary fees. If fees are unpaid by funded children they will restrict to their funded hours. Late pick-ups will result in being charged in 5-minute slots.