Here at Otley Under Fives we are a committee led setting. We hold an annual AGM and this is when our new committee members are elected onto the committee. We are always looking for more members to join our team, so if you think you may be interested in joining, please speak to a member of staff, or alternatively contact details for some of our committee members can be found below.
We depend very much on the goodwill of parents/carers and their involvement with the Pre-School whether it be helping out occasionally or joining our committee.
Each volunteer member of the Committee will bring different skills which are invaluable to the running of our Pre-Schools. Committee members have worked, or do work, in various industries, however it is important to know that to be a committee member you do not need any direct experience to make a difference.
Without the Committee the Pre-Schools would not be able to operate and would have to close.
The Committee is responsible for:
- meeting the Welfare Requirements as set out in the Early Years Foundation stage (EYFS)
- working within our Governing Document
- are the employers of the staff but not responsible for the day to day running of our setting
- maintain and administer the finances
- ensure compliance with health & safety regulations
- keep up to date with written records
- comply with data protection procedures
- have a duty to safeguard children
All of the committee members are jointly responsible for making any financial or other management decisions.
All of the committee/volunteers will have to have a DBS check.
Only elected or co-opted persons can attend committee meetings.
There should be a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 12 members including the Officers.
The Officers: Chair, Treasurer, Secretary are the three main roles required on the Committee. These posts have a more defined role, some details of which are set out in the sections below together with some of the duties shared amongst Committee members.
Current Committee Members
Chairperson- Tony Field (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Treasurer- Anthony Maddy
Secretary- Annika Cole