Parents are the first educators of their children. Research shows that children learn better when their parents/carers are involved, we welcome your input and encourage you to:
- Assist with fund-raising.
- Take part in the management of the preschool via the committee
- Although there is no formal duty rota, parents/carers are welcome to spend time in the preschool. If you wish to attend a session mention it to the staff.
- The preschool provides all play equipment, materials and aprons. Contributions of surplus paper, collage or junk modelling items are always welcome as are dressing up clothes and unwanted toys and puzzles.
The preschool is run by an elected committee, which ensures that major decision-making is in the hands of the parents who use the group. The committee is responsible for reviewing both policy and practice, and for the employment and appraisal of members of staff.We are always looking for new members to join the committee.
Our Annual General Meeting usually takes place in September. This is when the committee is elected for the following year. The date and time of this meeting are advertised in preschool. It is essential for continuity of Otley Under Fives that parents/partners/carers attend.
How To Join Us
- Children from the age of 18 months are eligible to attend. Registration forms must be completed and returned before attendance commences.
- Please call in to get a registration pack and to book your free trial session
- Opening times are Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm (with the before and after school clubs). Please be punctual and make sure you collect your child promptly at the end of each session, this should be by yourself or a named adult. If you are detained or have a problem in any way please telephone the playgroup on 07789 468853
- Bills for fees are payable monthly in advance. Bills should be paid promptly if you would prefer to pay weekly, please speak to the treasurer. There will be no refund if a session is missed.
- If your child is unable to attend a session please let staff know in advance where possible. If you no longer wish your child to attend, please let a member of staff know as soon as possible. We require half a terms notice or fees will be charged. If you wish to alter the sessions your child attends please speak to the play leaders.
- We reserve the right to turn away a child who appears unwell or is suffering from an infectious disease.